removing a file with hyphens

michael michael at
Fri Jun 15 09:13:30 BST 2007

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, asmith9983 at wrote:
> Hi Simon
> I've a 200Gb Maxtor that died, and I wanted to look to see if it had scraped
> the oxide, but I didn't have a Torx small enough.  What size did you use ?

If it does not have the little pin in the middle you can use a watchmakers
slot screwdriver to get a Torx open.

Incidently the best byproduct of trashed hard disk is the rare
earth magnets used to drive the actuator arm...  They make storming
fridge magnets!

Michael John Lush PhD			Tel:44-20-7679-5027
Nomenclature Bioinformatician		Fax:44-20-7387-3496
HUGO Gene Nomenclature Committee	Email:  nome at
The Galton Laboratory
University College London, UK