To Vienna by train

Merijn Broeren merijnb at
Thu Jun 28 17:32:13 BST 2007

Quoting David Cantrell (david at
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 04:09:43PM +0100, Spiros Denaxas wrote:
> > That doesn't sound like a bad idea. How much was the ticket?
> GBP470 in total, or 385 if you go second class.  Which is cheaper and
> more pleasant than flying.

Flight  £154.00
14:55 Depart London (LHR) Arrive Vienna (VIE) 18:10 	Fri 24-Aug
Duration: 2hr 15min
British Airways 	British Airways 704 Direct flight

11:40 Depart Vienna (VIE)
Arrive London (LHR) 13:05 	Fri 31-Aug Duration: 2hr 25min
British Airways 	British Airways 697 Direct flight

More pleasant is debatable. LHR is a major downer ofcourse, but being
cooped up for 20 hours in a train with 3 changes, one of which a
intracity one I would consider it a balance between ordeals.

Merijn Broeren | Sometimes, no matter how good the rider is, he or she will