[ANNOUNCE] [SOCIAL] Thursday July the 5th at The College Arms, Bloomsbury

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Mon Jul 2 11:25:52 BST 2007

On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 03:05:30PM +0100, Gareth Kirwan said:
> I'll be along for the first time, and bringing along a few minions too,
> Durandle/Dan, Byngmeister/Dave, and a small possibility of Mendi/Kat.
> (Though she's afraid and is taking much convincing)

It's true that massed group of London.pm-ers (what is the collective
noun for Mongers? A righteous? A drunk? A conference? A social? Actually
yeah, "A social of mongers" has a nice feel to it. Rather like a "A
dazzle of zebra") can be kind of intimidating we're really actually
rather lovely people.

This has bothered me intermittently over the last few years, espeically
since someone once told em that they'd turned up to an LPW, gone to the
pub after and had been roundly ignored, but having talked to other
people who run groups (social and non-social) this is apparently a
fairly common phenomenom.

The one advantage we have is that it's possible to get to know people
online first (the difference between peoples' online persona and real
life ones notwithstanding).

Either way, am looking forward to seeing a bunch of long time lurkers at
the meeting.

Simon