[ANNOUNCE] [SOCIAL] Thursday July the 5th at The College Arms, Bloomsbury

Nic Gibson nicg at noslogan.org
Mon Jul 2 11:59:17 BST 2007

On 02/07/07, Simon Burr <simes at bpfh.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 10:55:10AM +0100, Nic Gibson wrote:
> >I knew there  had to be something good about commuting into London.
>
> Something good about commuting into London ? After doing a Camb<->London
> commute for about six months, I found that the only thing it was good for
> was letting me read lots of books and developing a healthy dislike of the
> 18:45 from KingsX!

OK. I admit it. There is little good about it. The 06:30 from Uckfield to
London Bridge is depressing.
Firstly, it's 6:30 in the bloody morning and I shouldn't be on a train.
Secondly, I get to watch herons, foxes and other wildlife (I especially like
the chav teenagers who can be seen staggering out of the old pillbox just
outside the station when they realise that perhaps they really did drink too
much cheap cider last night) as I ride through the beautiful Sussex
countryside. And then I get to London.

But I did spend this morning coding on the laptop which is nice because I
write reports about XML when I get to the office.

nic