Is it just me?

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Jul 5 10:40:04 BST 2007

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 10:15:21AM +0100, Kake L Pugh wrote:
[...]
> It's run on Wordpress with a few plugins, and we had to do a bit of
> HTML/CSS tweaking to get it to work and look right. Eventually we got it
> looking good on Firefox, but it was still a bit odd on IE. She decided to
> go ahead anyway, and bugger IE - it works on Firefox, and that's good
> enough.

I am in somewhat contradictory position at work that I have to champion IE,
or our site would look like crap to 90% of the visitors. Needless to say,
this is basically a Mac shop, and the handful of Windows users usually use
Firefox.

Any site I do for myself, I couldn't really care less about IE either. I
don't own anything that can (legally) run the current version, and I'm not
in any hurry to buy an XP or Vista licence just for the convenience of other
Windows users. They rarely give a toss about Mac or Linux users, after all.