Is it just me?

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Thu Jul 5 11:08:58 BST 2007

Kake L Pugh wrote:
> I've recently been helping out a non-geek with a new blog she's set up
> to encourage people to draw.  (It's called Draw Anyway, and it's at
> http://drawanyway.com/ - go and have a look, it's great.)

It is great! I've just sent it to Therese and she's sent it to all her
art teaching friends and colleagues. Her mantra has always been
"everyone can draw". Magic.

> It's run on Wordpress with a few plugins, and we had to do a bit of
> HTML/CSS tweaking to get it to work and look right.  Eventually we got
> it looking good on Firefox, but it was still a bit odd on IE.  She
> decided to go ahead anyway, and bugger IE - it works on Firefox, and
> that's good enough.
>
> I reiterate: she's not a geek, just a normal interweb user.

Yeah, that's more like it. I think I'll start testing against FF, Opera,
Safari, Konqueror, OmniWeb etc but /not/ IE. Testing a site that you've
got working in a real browser is always a disappointment in IE anyway.
Life's too short :)

In other news today's rant will focus on why the fuck Oracle have sent
me a full sized 3D cardboard laptop full of shredded paper this morning?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyarmstrong/725323882/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyarmstrong/725344106/

There's some coke-addled marketing message behind it but I'm buggered if
I can work it out. Apparently they will contact me shortly to explain.
Breath well and truly baited here.

Today I am mostly sick of stupid.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten