The joys of commuting [was Re: [SOCIAL] Thursday July the 5th...]

Matt Wilson codebrewery at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:02:07 BST 2007

On 7/5/07, Andy Wardley <abw at wardley.org> wrote:
> Seriously though, I find the biggest advantage to a Zero Commute policy is
> that my mind is clear and fresh when I start work.  An hour or two sitting in
> traffic or huddled on a train is a sure-fire way to kill that off and fill my
> head with distracting noise.

Personally I find the commute to work (if timed well) isn't all that
bad - I get to fit in 30 minutes of reading before I get to work and
it wakes me up too. If I started working 5 minutes after getting out
of bed I can safely say I wouldn't be at my most productive ... though
it /would/ be nice to only have a 5 second commute on the way home :)