The HSMP Rant (and a little question)

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 11:35:13 BST 2007

So the UK has this nifty little program referred to as the Highly Skilled Migrant Program.

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/working_in_the_uk/en/homepage/schemes_and_programmes/hsmp.html?
http://tinyurl.com/6tsc4

Unfortunately, they've recently changed the rules so I cannot qualify for it.  They no longer consider whether or not you're highly skilled.  It's mostly a matter of whether or not you have a Bachelor's degree or better, and get paid a lot.

In other words, it's now the "Highly Paid Migrant Program", but they forgot to change the damned name.  Whether or not you are highly skilled is has no bearing on qualifying for this.

No one can ever qualify for this program without at least a Bachelor's degree.  Thus, my dilemma:  I need a Bachelor's degree.  Can anyone recommend an accredited UK university that will let me complete my Bachelor's from home in a reasonable amount of time?  I've an Associate's degree from the US (that's a two year degree) and a bit of life experience tucked away (some Unis award credit for that).

Cheers,
Ovid
--
Buy the book -- http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/