The HSMP Rant (and a little question)

Tony Kennick 0995a06aaeaf6b70e79c3aafd6719329 at
Fri Jul 6 11:56:57 BST 2007

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 03:35:13AM -0700,
the following was promulgated by Ovid:

> So the UK has this nifty little program referred to as the Highly Skilled Migrant Program.
> Unfortunately, they've recently changed the rules so I cannot qualify for it.  They no longer consider whether or not you're highly skilled.  It's mostly a matter of whether or not you have a Bachelor's degree or better, and get paid a lot.
> In other words, it's now the "Highly Paid Migrant Program", but they forgot to change the damned name.  Whether or not you are highly skilled is has no bearing on qualifying for this.
> No one can ever qualify for this program without at least a Bachelor's degree.  Thus, my dilemma:  I need a Bachelor's degree.  Can anyone recommend an accredited UK university that will let me complete my Bachelor's from home in a reasonable amount of time?  I've an Associate's degree from the US (that's a two year degree) and a bit of life experience tucked away (some Unis award credit for that).

The Open University is designed for this kind of
thing. Having never got further than thinking about the possibility of
getting a degree with them, I cannot quote chapter and verse on the
transfer of credit rules.

        Tony Kennick

More information about the mailing list