Exception Handling

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 12:19:33 BST 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk>

> So, does anyone have either a) a link to that talk or b) an
> interesting opinion on which exception handlers I should be
> investigating?

I rather like Exception::Class.  I find myself currently copying the usage as in David Wheeler's Object::Relation distribution:

  http://search.cpan.org/dist/Object-Relation/lib/Object/Relation/Exceptions.pm
  http://tinyurl.com/yw4khg

I particularly like how I get fine-grained exception handling with a minimum of fuss (note, there's no need to use David's localization work with his exception handling, but if you need that, I'm sure he doesn't mind you stealing that, too).

Cheers,
Ovid

--
Buy the book  - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/