Exception Handling

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Wed Jul 11 13:51:41 BST 2007

Quoting Mark Overmeer <mark at overmeer.net>:

> Somewhere inbetween the pale die/warn, and the full OO exceptions,
> there is the new Log::Report distribution.  It provides more levels
> of errors than just die, and of course implements "try".  Besides,
> it is integrated with an (optional) translation network, such that
> your web-user can have a message in Chinese, where the syslog has
> the report in English.

Sounds interesting. Tho' I'm not talking about web-based applications
- is that a problem?

> Can you wait to YAPC::EU, or do you like the slides beforehand ;-)

I won't actually be at YAPC::EU[1], but I won't get to this work until
after then anyway, so I'll wait and read your slides later.

Cheers,

Dave...

[1] Damn inconvenient holiday in New Zealand. On balance I think I've
got the better deal.

--
site: http://dave.org.uk/
blog: http://blog.dave.org.uk/