Exception Handling

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Mon Jul 16 09:44:13 BST 2007

Quoting Jonathan Stowe <jns at gellyfish.com>:

> On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 09:33 +0200, Luis Motta Campos wrote:
>>    I was trying to figure out the connection between this statement
>> and the 5 UKP claim.
> "You are <foo> and I claim my five pounds" is an ancient meme rooted in
> some fifties advertising campaign I believe - I'm sure one of the other
> ancieunte ones will fill in more detail.

I thought it came from the Daily Mirror "Chalkie White" campaign from
the 70s, but it seems to predate that substantially.

Truely, Wikipedia knows all.

One of the most embarassing episodes in my past is an involvement with
a similar campaign from the Daily Mail that was run on Clacton beach
in 76/77.

site: http://dave.org.uk/
blog: http://blog.dave.org.uk/