Exception Handling

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Mon Jul 16 09:44:13 BST 2007

Quoting Jonathan Stowe <jns at gellyfish.com>:

> On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 09:33 +0200, Luis Motta Campos wrote:
>
>>    I was trying to figure out the connection between this statement
>> and the 5 UKP claim.
>
> "You are <foo> and I claim my five pounds" is an ancient meme rooted in
> some fifties advertising campaign I believe - I'm sure one of the other
> ancieunte ones will fill in more detail.

I thought it came from the Daily Mirror "Chalkie White" campaign from
the 70s, but it seems to predate that substantially.

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_are_X_and_I_claim_my_five_pounds

Truely, Wikipedia knows all.

One of the most embarassing episodes in my past is an involvement with
a similar campaign from the Daily Mail that was run on Clacton beach
in 76/77.

Dave...

--
site: http://dave.org.uk/