Exception Handling

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Jul 16 15:26:52 BST 2007

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 10:42:32AM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 09:35:42AM +0200, Luis Motta Campos wrote:
> > Could you please provide us with an example of would trigger "dunno" in
> > your code? Things tend to-be-or-not-to-be number phones, imho.
> Is a pager a mobile phone?

No.

> What about 0121 276 xxxx? Birmingham number? Mobile phone? Can all
> geographic ranges assigned to Orange be assumed to be endpoints for the
> Orange Local Number product?

+44 121 is supposed to be for geographic numbers.  IIRC I still assume
that a UK geographic number is a fixed line.  I don't think it's time to
change that yet given that 99.999% of them really are fixed.  That
particular range is certainly *billed* like all the fixed lines around
it (possibly with the exception of Orange customers).

> What about number ranges that had not been allocated by OFCOM at the time of
> building the module?

That's why I release updates fairly regularly.

You can't judge a book by its cover, unless you're a religious nutcase