Psudo Random Sequences morphing into Training

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Jul 24 14:32:11 BST 2007

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 05:00:17PM +0100, asmith9983 at gmail.com wrote:
> BBC7 and most of the BBC Listen Again has been broken for most of the
> weekend. Even when fully functional, it's often a bit broken, retrieving
> the wrong episode.

Well, there's your problem. DAB's crap, but it's still miles better than
Real and fifty quid on a PURE ONE or similar will save you that much money
in hassle alone. The stuff on my iPod is just time-shifted DAB and DVB-T
recordings.

However, if you absolutely must use a computer to listen to radio, I've got
a WaveFinder and external aerial in the junkpile that is currently surplus
to requirements. Make me an offer before I find a use for it again.

> I think there is a huge opportunity for continuing and lifelong education
> using IPTV type technology, similar to the bearded,stripy jumpered
> lecturer Open University programmes I remember.

Don't forget the leather elbow patches, beer-bottle glasses and speech
impediment.

> Anyone interested in contributing to putting together a proposal for the
> Dept for Education ? for a set of talks on say, bash,Linux,vim, Perl,
> PHP,Python, C, C++,HTML,XML, etc

If for "IPTV" you read "video podcast", this sort of stuff is already out
there already, for free. What's the USP of your proposal?