turncoat

Paul Johnson paul at pjcj.net
Fri Jul 27 00:07:35 BST 2007

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 09:26:37PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:

> So, how do you create an interesting Perl job? Well, actually having
> some Perl in it would be a fine start...

I generally seem to have more luck going the other way around, that is
trying to find something interesting to do, with the leeway to do it in
the way I see fit.

After all, Perl isn't the solution to every problem I want to solve, and
I don't think I'd call a job very interesting if it was.

I suppose that the most (technically) interesting job I ever had had no
requirement for any Perl.  Well, not when I started anyway.  Knowing
Perl, or having the desire and ability to learn it, was a fairly high
requirement when I left.

Paul Johnson - paul at pjcj.net
http://www.pjcj.net