turncoat

Paul Golds paul.golds at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 12:19:15 BST 2007

On 7/26/07, Tom Hukins <tom at eborcom.com> wrote:
> Can anyone show us adverts for these interesting jobs that other
> programming languages have?  What proportion of that language's jobs
> do such jobs constitute?  What would an interesting Perl job look
> like?

For me the things that make the actual work side of a job interesting
are variety, challenge, and a nebulous quantity representing how
'useful' I feel the work I do it.  In essence for me the ideal job
would consist of a lot of short rapid-development projects, requiring
skills I already possess and some I need to learn as I go, and with an
end result which I can go out into the real world and see people
finding it useful.

Paul