turncoat

Peter Hickman peter.hickman at semantico.com
Fri Jul 27 09:10:17 BST 2007

Peter Corlett wrote:
> On 26 Jul 2007, at 17:33, Peter Hickman wrote:
> [...]
>> How about "here's a problem, solve it"?
>
> Ah, la-la land.
>
> Actually, I lie, I did once get a job like that. It was 2000, and
> given that the more or less unmodified site is still running some
> seven years on, I guess I must have done a reasonably good job of it.

I've actually has a few jobs just like this, some of them were even in
Perl. I once had 2 years to redevelop an EPOS back end but it got canned
when another project screwed up big time and the board went on an
outsourcing frenzy.

> So, how do you create an interesting Perl job? Well, actually having
> some Perl in it would be a fine start...

Anything that involves less charts can only be a good thing. Death by
UML anyone?

--
Peter Hickman.

Semantico, Lees House, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE
t: 01273 358223
f: 01273 723232
e: peter.hickman at semantico.com
w: www.semantico.com