turncoat

Jonathan Stowe jns at gellyfish.com
Fri Jul 27 12:23:25 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 16:23 +0100, Tom Hukins wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 03:52:05PM +0100, Denny wrote:
> > They're not very interesting.
> >
> > Mostly this seems to translate to "they're not offering enough money"
>
> I suspect this might sum it up.  From talking to various people about
> what constitutes an "interesting job", I've not come up with anything
> coherent.

Well I'd certainly say that is partially true - the top end of most of
the quoted salary scales is generally 10% less than I was earning five
years ago.

An interesting job to me would be one that isn't "web" and the skills
list doesn't sound like a geek fanboy's shopping list - if they've
already made those kind of (largely wrong IMNSHO) decisions then the job
isn't interesting to me.

On the other hand I've never much cared whether I had a job as a "perl
programmer".

/J\
--
This signature kills fascists