oo-er...

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Mon Jul 30 12:05:07 BST 2007

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 11:39:54AM +0100, Denny wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 10:51 +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 11:06:05PM +0100, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> >
> > > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/27/wardley_zimki_fotango/
> >
> > http://techwag.com/index.php/2007/07/28/how-not-to-quit-your-job/
> >
> >     Splashy and stupid, making the next gig a bit harder to find (who wants
> >     to hire someone who is going to resign in public) in the longer run.
>
> >From your link:
> > he might have wanted to tell his bosses first rather than making
> > a public and messy way of getting out of a job.
>
> >From the Reg article:
> > the open source refusal contributed to his abrupt resignation,
> > which occurred in writing this morning before the keynote.
>
> So, not a massively impressive bit of investigative journalism from
> Techwag there.  Maybe they got bored after they read the headline of the
> Reg article.

Not fair on Techwag, I feel. I admit that

a: I don't know everything
b: I know somewhat more than was in the Register

but whilst I believe it is truthful to say "abrupt" and "in writing", it's
not the whole truth. Although it *is* likely that it is all that The Register
know.

And The Register definitely fail:

   Despite being based in London, Fotango and Zimki have eluded us.

yet it got a couple of paragraphs earlier this year:

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/02/24/future_web/

Nicholas Clark