oo-er...

Andy Wardley abw at wardley.org
Mon Jul 30 13:20:18 BST 2007

Nicholas Clark wrote:
> http://techwag.com/index.php/2007/07/28/how-not-to-quit-your-job/
>
>     Splashy and stupid, making the next gig a bit harder to find (who wants
>     to hire someone who is going to resign in public) in the longer run.

As the comments note, he did notify his bosses in writing before making it
public.  Techwag--

Speaking as someone who knows what it's like to work for the kind of parent
company that says "Sure, go off to the Open Source conference and tell
everyone about your new Open Source project" and then pulls the rug out from
under your feet just before the event, I have every sympathy for him...

...but a great deal of respect too.

I would hire him at the drop of a hat.  Partly because of his ethical
principles, partly because I already know he's a top bloke, but mostly because
  of his excellent surname.  :-)