"So the SOAP "stack" is a mess...

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Aug 14 14:41:53 BST 2007

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 12:59:57AM -0700, Ovid wrote:

> And there's one type of person who will cheerfully stereotype

When sober I'm not so cheerful about it.

> As for Microsoft, I don't particularly care for the *company*, but
> there are some damned fine technologies they produce...

There's a difference between cool and useful.  I have yet to see a
system built using their cool toys (and C# certainly is one) that is
useful, reliable, efficient etc.

> Thoughtlessly dismissing Microsoft technology or those who choose to
> adopt it doesn't do anyone any good.  Mind you, I'm not keen to get
> locked into a proprietary platform and if you had argued *that*, I
> wouldn't have had much of a quibble.

It's not thoughtless, nor do I dismiss people - I categorise them, just
like I categorise people who suffer from astrology, patriotism,
religion, Arsenal, or rap "music".  I make perfectly reasonable
assumptions about how MS systems will work now and in the future based
on both my own experiences when I didn't know any better and on all the
times I've seen them fail since.  While I acknowledge that that might
change, I think it unlikely in the next handful of years.

It's about as likely as the pope saying "condoms - fuck yeah!" or
Brighton winning the FA Cup.

    You are so cynical.  And by "cynical", of course, I mean "correct".
         -- Kurt Starsinic