Tube Strike (Was: [ANNOUNCE] [SOCIAL] Social at Dirty Dicks, Thursday 6th September) ben at
Mon Sep 3 13:35:26 BST 2007

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 01:21:52PM +0100, McGlinchy, Alistair wrote:
>Smylers wrote:
>	"... The Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly lines are scheduled to
>run as normal. We anticipate that they will be very crowded. No other
>lines are likely to be running."
>Can anyone explain why the these three are singled out for special

If memory serves, they're the deep level lines - and I can imagine that
different sorts of engineering requirements for them (as opposed to the
cut and cover lines) would make sense for a different organisation than
Metronet to provide service for them.