Tube Strike (Was: [ANNOUNCE] [SOCIAL] Social at Dirty Dicks, Thursday 6th September)

Andrew Black andrew-li at black1.org.uk
Mon Sep 3 13:54:13 BST 2007

ben at bpfh.net wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 01:21:52PM +0100, McGlinchy, Alistair wrote:
>> Smylers wrote:
>>>   http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/tube/default.html
>> Quote:
>> 	"... The Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly lines are scheduled to
>> run as normal. We anticipate that they will be very crowded. No other
>> lines are likely to be running."
>>
>> Can anyone explain why the these three are singled out for special
>> attention?
>
> If memory serves, they're the deep level lines - and I can imagine that
> different sorts of engineering requirements for them (as opposed to the
> cut and cover lines) would make sense for a different organisation than
> Metronet to provide service for them.

Almost - these 3 lines are serviced by Tubelines so is not part of the
Metronet situation.

Metronet service the following deep level (Tube) lines :
  Bakerloo, Central, Victoria, and Waterloo & City lines (BCV)
and the following sub surface lines :
Circle, District, Metropolitan, Hammersmith & City and East London lines
(SSL)

http://www.metronetrail.com/