Tube Strike (Was: [ANNOUNCE] [SOCIAL] Social at Dirty Dicks,Thursday 6th September)

Jonathan Stowe jns at
Mon Sep 3 14:08:56 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-03 at 13:21 +0100, McGlinchy, Alistair wrote:
> Smylers wrote:
> >
> Quote:
> 	"... The Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly lines are scheduled to
> run as normal. We anticipate that they will be very crowded. No other
> lines are likely to be running."
> Can anyone explain why the these three are singled out for special
> attention?

There are two tube maintenance companies: Tube Lines, which maintains
the above lines and Metronet, which manages the rest and who's RMT
members are going on strike. A strike by the Tube Lines employees would
be considered an unlawful secondary action I guess.