Why Perl needs a VM

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Sep 5 14:56:13 BST 2007

On 5 Sep 2007, at 13:44, ben at bpfh.net wrote:
[...]
> I'm sure it's a good tool, but unfortunately not everyone is in a
> position
> to download and install random bits of code from the Internet into
> their
> work Outlook.

The last I checked, cursor keys worked in Outlook just fine without
any third-party hacks, so there is no reason for top-posting just
because the cursor happens to be there. It's a bit like crapping in
your pants because that's where your arse happens to be.

When it comes to malformed emails, Outlook merely encourages bad
habits and third party hacks merely change the behaviour it
encourages. It's still quite possible to achieve more or less the
same results either way if you have the will.