Why Perl needs a VM

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Sep 5 15:54:31 BST 2007

On 5 Sep 2007, at 15:06, Ovid wrote:
[...]
> I have been chewed out for top posting.
> I have been chewed out for bottom posting.
> I have been chewed out for trimming too much context.
> I have been chewed out for trimming too little context.
> I have been chewed out for not using HTML email.
> I have been chewed out for using HTML email.

The trick is to actually pause and think for a moment who you're
sending mail to and use their preferred style.

At work, the house style is top-posting. It irritates the hell out of
me, but that's the way to communicate most effectively so I grit my
teeth and bear it. OTOH I'm on mailing lists where there's a chance
of automatic unsubscription for sending top-posted HTML crap.