Why Perl needs a VM

Jonathan Stowe jns at gellyfish.com
Wed Sep 5 16:00:51 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 07:06 -0700, Ovid wrote:
> --- David Dorward <david at dorward.me.uk> wrote:
>
> > On 5 Sep 2007, at 13:44, ben at bpfh.net wrote:
> > > I mean, would anyone here really use Outlook out of choice?
> >
> > If the choice was between that and Lotus Notes, then absolutely.
> >
> > Its not that hard to copy and paste through: perl -pe 's/^/> /';
>
> When it gets hard to post to a mailing list, people stop.  Of course,
> this might be desired behavior.
>
> Speaking only for myself:
>
> I have been chewed out for top posting.
> I have been chewed out for bottom posting.
> I have been chewed out for trimming too much context.
> I have been chewed out for trimming too little context.
> I have been chewed out for not using HTML email.
> I have been chewed out for using HTML email.

Give it five and we'll think of something else. In the meantime you
might want to try old-style rich-text formatting, a giant attached image
in place of a signature (or choose your favourite monster from
alt.warlord if you don't have the facilities,) a bunch of the rfc3798
headers along with any other headers that might have been suggested by
various people on usenet to do the same thing for every possible client,
various cargo-culted "special case" contents of the Reply-To header, a
gigantic User-Agent header with an ASCII art representation of a ZX-80
in it. And a baby's arm holding an apple.

/J\

--
Established 1963