Tube Strike (Was: [ANNOUNCE] [SOCIAL] Social at Dirty Dicks, Thursday 6th September)

David Cantrell david at
Thu Sep 6 11:57:09 BST 2007

On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 10:28:05PM +0100, Smylers wrote:

> This article says it's Metronet staff who'll be striking:
> Metronet are/were responsible for Tube maintenance work (which I'd taken
> to mean the Tube equivalent of roadworks), not driving trains.

Maintenance includes daily inspections of track, signalling and power
systems, safety equipment in stations, etc.

  I remember when computers were frustrating because they did
  exactly what you told them to.  That seems kinda quaint now.
      -- JD Baldwin, in the Monastery