McGlinchy, Alistair Alistair.McGlinchy at
Thu Sep 13 18:37:50 BST 2007

Paddy wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 03:34:19PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> >
> > What *is* wrong, however, is peddling placebos as cures when they
> > ain't. It would be wrong to sell, eg, a sugar pill as a
> > "cure" for the common cold which had exactly the same
> > effect as a placebo. Medical trials look for effects
> > that are *more* than what you get from a
> > placebo.
> erm...

I re-"erm" your "erm". What was wrong with Dave's comment?

Registered Office:
Marks and Spencer plc
Waterside House
35 North Wharf Road
W2 1NW

Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile (020) 7487 2670