NLP

Andy Wardley abw at wardley.org
Fri Sep 14 10:04:07 BST 2007

McGlinchy, Alistair wrote:
> I re-"erm" your "erm". What was wrong with Dave's comment?

I un-"re" your re-"erm".

There is an argument which goes: if the patient wants to be cured, and the
placebo effect has a good chance of helping with that recovery process, then
what *is* wrong with the doctor giving the patient a sugar pill and telling
them "This'll cure you by this afternoon"?

I'm not necessarily making that argument, but I think it's a valid argument to
be made nonetheless.  Telling fibs is bad, but making people better is good.
Grey area.