[OT] Hard drive recovery

Duane Griffin duaneg at dghda.com
Mon Sep 17 22:38:23 BST 2007

On 17/09/2007, Robert Rothenberg <robrwo at gmail.com> wrote:
> A cooleague of mine's hard drive is fried, and she's looking for
> organisations than can recover the data from it.  Is anybody aware of
> services which are "not too expensive"?

A friend of mine used these folks to recover the data off a truly
fried hard drive:
http://www.datarecoverycorp.co.uk/

They were expensive (for some values, etc) but did the job quickly and
completely recovered all the data. They also lowered their initial
quote substantially once they understood it was a private job.

As for backups -- how many people set up good backups *before* they
lose important data?

Cheers,
Duane.

--
"I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan