Perl at the BBC?

David Cantrell david at
Tue Sep 18 13:51:52 BST 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 05:17:10PM +0100, Robin Doran wrote:

> We have a number of perl software engineer positions open at the moment,
> it's unfortunate but it seems that in this case someone was looking for
> a perl job literally days after an application deadline had closed.
> When we are recruiting for perl positions we try and spread our net far
> and wide and, in future, will see if we can include jobs at

When you do, it's a good idea to also email the list moderators or /msg
us on IRC, to make sure that they approve the post quickly.  That's me,
Jonathan Stowe, and I think a couple of other people.  Would they please
pipe up now.

You should also mumble at the moderators if you post to as well, cos otherwise your message will just
disappear into the torrent of spam that gets thrown away.

What profiteth a man, if he win a flame war, yet lose his cool?