Perl Obfuscator

Simon Wistow simon at
Tue Sep 18 16:00:13 BST 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 02:31:14PM +0000, Chris Jack said:
> Can anyone recommend a good, free Perl obfuscator. I had a search on
> Google, and there seem to be a zillion out there - but which one
> should I choose? It needs to be able to handle classes, packages,
> include files etc without effecting functionality/output.

There will inevitably be an entire fountain of mails coming your way
saying that blah, blah it's not possible for a whole bunch of reasons -
that you can only parse Perl with perl so you'll hit nasty edge cases
(unless someone's started playing around with some of the B:: modules or
Larry's MAD stuff) and that it's possible to recover the code in a
recognisable form anyway.

That said, and if those limitations are acceptable for you, then
I've head of people using the Stunnix obfuscator

to some success.

For free there was RJ's Perl Obfuscator.