Perl Obfuscator

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 17:34:02 BST 2007

--- Chris Jack <chris_jack at msn.com> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good, free Perl obfuscator. I had a search on
> Google, and there seem to be a zillion out there - but which one
> should I choose? It needs to be able to handle classes, packages,
> include files etc without effecting functionality/output.

This comes up all of the time and you'll probably not like all of the
answers you're going to receive.  The short answer is that if you need
to write device drivers, do heavy AI work or obfuscate your source
code, Perl isn't the right tool for the job.

However, if you could mention the problem you're trying to solve with
obfuscation, we might be able to suggest reasonable alternatives.

Cheers,
Ovid

--
Buy the book  - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/