test message

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Sep 28 16:02:34 BST 2007

On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 02:57:30PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
[...]
> I'd not be surprised if the CAMRA beard cabal has some stupid religious
> objection to them for the weird ingredients they sometimes use, or because
> their bottled beers are pasteurised.

That's what I had assumed. There's an expectation that beer should be served
at such-and-such a temperature and be made with certain ingredients to a
given style, and who cares if it's a pint of Tetleys and smells and tastes
like they just pumped it straight out of the Aire and filtered the larger
lumps out?

There is probably scope for a "Nice Pub Guide" which doesn't have such anal
standards on beer quality, so long as the beer is still nice. The Jerusalem
would be top of the list.

--
Improvable Tripe: http://tripe.cabal.org.uk/