test message

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Fri Sep 28 17:13:44 BST 2007

On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 04:49:42PM +0100, Kake L Pugh wrote:
> On Fri 28 Sep 2007, Nicholas Clark <nick at ccl4.org> wrote:
> > I would have more thought that all pubs of sufficient standard
> > should be in the good beer guide, so that if I stumble onto a pub at
> > random I can determine whether it is worth going inside.
>
> But then it would be so large and heavy that you wouldn't be able to
> carry it more than a couple of hundred yards from your front door, and
> you should already know whether the pubs within a couple of hundred
> yards of your front door are worth visiting.
>
> If you don't, then I reckon that counts as an emergency.

The pub nearest to where I grew up was not:

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/10/10338/Hungry_Horse/Sundrige

Fortunately it's been flattened now, and turned into flats.

The pub nearest me now doesn't appeal:

http://fancyapint.com/pubs/pub3113.html [The Baring Hall Hotel]

I'm told that Prince Frederick is nice, but I've never been:

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/21/21618/Prince_Frederick/Bromley

Nicholas Clark