[OT] Mac JPEG viewer advice

Andrew Black andrew-li at black1.org.uk
Sat Sep 29 15:03:52 BST 2007

Hi
My other half has been sucked into giving advice to her mother who has
an iMac. Nether of us are familiar with Macs.  We are not quite sure of
the model number, think it is about 4 years old.

She wants a viewer for digital photos.  iPhoto (AFAIK) need MacOS X.
(side issue - is that normally pronounced "ex" or "ten". Suspect it is a
deliberate ambiguity)

The Mac is running:
Mac OS 9.0.4 Deutsch

Here's some memory info
Volume cache 1984KB
Vitueller speicher 100MB
Arbeitsspeicher 64MB

The mac does not appear to have enough memory to load pics in jpeg
viewer. Quick time picture viewer can display but one at a time and slowly.