car identity

Greg Sheard greg.sheard at
Fri Oct 5 11:08:06 BST 2007

Dirk Koopman wrote:
> Just on the off chance: can anyone identify what this car is and/or, to
> the nearest decade, when it was made?

That radiator ornament might be a Bentley one, but more probably a 1928
Chrysler (compare with the one shown at
Wikipedia doesn't have any images for Bentleys pre-1930s, or for
1928-era Chryslers either.

However, I can definitely say it was registered in Middlesbrough between
1903 and 1965, and based on the number, a 1930-ish date seems
reasonable. (Number plate info from, if you want to look at it).

Now I'm interested, so if you find out more, please announce it!