Brown trousers time :~

Simon Cozens simon at simon-cozens.org
Mon Oct 8 02:45:35 BST 2007

Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:
> I'm concerned that I'll have to quickly write some C libraries for the
> heavy traffic parts, the book I've found referenced most is "Embedding
> and Extending Perl", is this the best book to get?

This is the best book to get for the job you think you want to do, but
"Advanced Perl Programming" is the best book for the job that you
actually want to do. However, that would require paying a tiny little
bit of attention to the many people on this list who have told you that
CGI is not the way to do this. I don't know if you're prepared to do that.

Disclaimer: I wrote both books.

--
Imbalance of power corrupts and monopoly of power corrupts absolutely.
		-- Genji