Brown trousers time :~

Lyle - CosmicPerl.com perl at cosmicperl.com
Mon Oct 8 12:12:25 BST 2007

Simon Cozens wrote:
> Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:
>
>> I'm concerned that I'll have to quickly write some C libraries for the
>> heavy traffic parts, the book I've found referenced most is "Embedding
>> and Extending Perl", is this the best book to get?
>>

> This is the best book to get for the job you think you want to do, but
> "Advanced Perl Programming" is the best book for the job that you
> actually want to do.
I've already got that book :) I've got the first edition which I've
heard is better.. Isn't the second edition more about using CPAN? Or do
you think I should grab a copy of that as well?
> However, that would require paying a tiny little
> bit of attention to the many people on this list who have told you that
> CGI is not the way to do this. I don't know if you're prepared to do that.
>
> Disclaimer: I wrote both books.

Are you talking about the Mason, Jifty, CGI, etc debate? From the
benchmarks I found I'll be using mod_perl then maybe some basic CGI for
the low traffic stuff... How would you do it?

Lyle