little problem with BigInt

Aidan Samuel aidan.samuel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 09:12:18 BST 2007

Hello again,

I have a rather irritating problem that's been plaguing me for a while
now*. Every time I restart apache I get this error:

Can't locate object method "config" via package "Math::BigInt" at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/Math/BigFloat.pm line 2304.

I'm 99% sure it's because I started using Math::BigFloat in one of my
modules, but if I simulate running that same code from the command
line I get no error.

perl -we 'use strict; use Math::BigFloat; print
[Math::BigFloat->new("1.234")->length()]->[1];'

I've looked inside the internets and found no solution; plus, I looked
in BigInt.pm and the config method is right there! (although line 2304
looks like "sub import"). Could it be something with mod_perl?

The weird thing is that the code runs fine even though apache
complained about it.

I'd really appreciate any advice...

Thanks,
Aidan.