Perl 6?

chromatic chromatic at wgz.org
Tue Oct 16 02:38:08 BST 2007

On Monday 15 October 2007 18:16:12 Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:

> I can't help myself... do you have any idea, roughly when it'll be
> ready. All posts I found about it on Perlmonks were 2 or 3 years old,
> and have no time estimates other than "when it's ready" or "when it's
> finished"...

Perl 6 will be ready when the people working on it have put in sufficient work
that it's ready.

If there are ten developer-years remaining and we can do one developer year
per calendar year, that's ten years.  I leave it to the reader to decide what
would happen if we could do more than one developer year per calendar year,
and how we might be able to do that.

-- c