Another recruit

Andy Armstrong n at rciss.us
Sun Oct 21 22:19:53 BST 2007

On 21 Oct 2007, at 21:34, chromatic wrote:
> On Sunday 21 October 2007 11:42:47 Nicholas Clark wrote:
>
>> [ie what is PyGame and should/could there be something analogous
>> for Perl?]
>
> Like SDL Perl?
>
> PyGame has one benefit, in that it's actively maintained.

Quite. And that doesn't just mean that it works but also that it has
some community around it, plenty of examples to peruse &c.

> I tried my hand at
> SDL Perl for a while, but quickly realized that Windows users are
> quick to
> criticize ("Hey, this doesn't work!") but not forthcoming with
> patches.  Any
> patches.  At all.  Ever.

I quite fancy that challenge. Well, I quite fancy Perl::Game and I
think I could live with the disappointment of discovering that
Windows folk are unable or unwilling to help.

> I have since moved on to projects which are not completely impossible.

Glad to hear it :)

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten