FastCGi on IIS... The tale of Microsoft and my new Perl Module...

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Oct 24 00:21:55 BST 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 12:27:13PM -0700, chromatic wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 October 2007 12:05:39 Matt S Trout wrote:

> > > To be fair, this is also a problem with any incompatible changes or
> > > bugfixes in EU::MM, or Test::*, or CPAN.pm, or ...
>
> > They're usually rather more careful about it.
>
> Ha.  PREFIX *never* worked in EU::MM.

And yet when I upgraded a bunch of my ~/ lib setups to latest MB and EUMM
recently the MB change fucked over anything using a Build.PL from then on
but all the EUMM PREFIX-based stuff just carried on working.

Anyway, now I have local::lib which automates away this crap so I can't say
it bothers -me- as a user anymore. But I still won't ship dists that rely
on anything that isn't core or I can't bundle easily.