FastCGi on IIS... The tale of Microsoft and my new Perl Module...

chromatic chromatic at wgz.org
Wed Oct 24 00:38:48 BST 2007

On Tuesday 23 October 2007 16:21:55 Matt S Trout wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 12:27:13PM -0700, chromatic wrote:

> > Ha.  PREFIX *never* worked in EU::MM.

> And yet when I upgraded a bunch of my ~/ lib setups to latest MB and EUMM
> recently the MB change fucked over anything using a Build.PL from then on
> but all the EUMM PREFIX-based stuff just carried on working.

... for various values of "working" which summarize to "happen to do what you
think should happen on a machine with a directory layout which exactly
matches the directory layout of the machine where someone coded the broken
PREFIX logic, where the installation semantics and user privileges exactly
match blah blah...", which is to say it works in the same way as a broken
wristwatch: once in a while, if you catch it at the right time, and don't
look closely.

-- c