Need to learn C, best books?

chromatic chromatic at wgz.org
Wed Oct 24 17:41:47 BST 2007

On Wednesday 24 October 2007 07:49:00 Simon Cozens wrote:

> Dirk Koopman wrote:

> > And no, I would not recommend any of the books on XS - at all. Sorry.
> OK, I gotta ask: What's wrong with them? Or rather, what's wrong with it?

I don't know about Dirk (and I *do* recommend the book), but I still find
myself scouring the various XS-related POD files and I still don't know what
the magic incantations of ENTER/LEAVE/FREETMPS and the like do, nor why they
make my code work sometimes but not others.

Now to be fair, I was writing Parrot::Embed and P5NCI, which may be horribly
bad ideas, but still.

-- c