Need to learn C, best books?

Andy Armstrong n at rciss.us
Thu Oct 25 15:32:30 BST 2007

On 25 Oct 2007, at 15:24, Adrian Howard wrote:
> On 25 Oct 2007, at 14:53, Andy Armstrong wrote:
>
>> On 25 Oct 2007, at 14:46, Adrian Howard wrote:
>>> 	size_t max_buffer_length = strlen(somestring);
>>
>> Wooo! Alarm bells! Trailing null! :)
>
> Good - coz you didn't get alarm bells when it was called sl :-)

Good point :)

I have to say I'm not great with long variable names. I don't /
really/ like variables at all - but they're kind of unavoidable in C.
For me any name over about, say, eight characters starts to overwhelm
the surrounding code. I suppose I should train myself not to be so
beastly.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten