FastCGi on IIS... The tale of Microsoft and my new Perl Module...

David Cantrell david at
Fri Oct 26 00:59:45 BST 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 01:17:46PM -0700, chromatic wrote:
> > > I remember CPAN doing this for years.
> > And?  I remember *ignoring* that message for years,
> No surprise that you have problems updating software, then.

If your software requires a newer version of than what I have
intalled, then there is a mechanism for you to specify that and to make
the upgrade happen fairly painlessly.  For upgrading something as
important as, I would appreciate being asked before it does it

> Perhaps you can give us all a list of the ancient versions of software you
> personally use so we can update all of our code to use only features and work
> around bugs present in those ancient versions so that we can release new
> versions of our software that you won't update to.

Ha ha ha

Computer Science is about lofty design goals and careful algorithmic
optimisation.  Sysadminning is about cleaning up the resulting mess.