[OT] E-mail provider recommendations

Jawad Yaqub jaez at gmx.net
Mon Oct 29 10:37:05 GMT 2007

alas i think history will judge it as an homage to Google rather than the synthesis of culture heritage for which you hope.

also watch out for 'word creep'.

case in point: Jawad often becomes Juan, or Gerard.

Words are recognized phonetically and associatively. If your name is Gemail, then people will pronounce it G-Mail involuntarily most of the time. Also you don't have any indicators (tradition, linguistic prefixes etc) that the G isn't soft.

Imagine a lifetime of explaining how to pronounce your name, and then having kids make fun of your children for the same reason. It's bad enough if you have a heritage to support, but if your Mum and Dad just made it up?

Why not pick a Japanese name, or one from a movie you both love?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------