[OT] E-mail provider recommendations

Ismail, Rafiq (IT) Rafiq.Ismail at MorganStanley.com
Mon Oct 29 11:51:58 GMT 2007

Thanks for the feedback.  I do kind of see something special in the the
Google association grounding our name to a certain era in history;
probably not the best thing to do to our children though.

> also watch out for 'word creep'.
>
> case in point: Jawad often becomes Juan, or Gerard.

Hmm.. Understood.  I'm known to many in my village as 'Ralph.'

> Imagine a lifetime of explaining how to pronounce your name,
> and then having kids make fun of your children for the same
> reason. It's bad enough if you have a heritage to support,
> but if your Mum and Dad just made it up?

Explaining our names is something which we've both given up on.  We were
hoping for something novel and clear, but I suppose that is hard to
achieve with a new name.  Especially one which looks so similar to
Gmail.

> Why not pick a Japanese name, or one from a movie you both love?

Skywalker would be cool, although I'm not sure that she'll buy it.  Or
Wall (however, on seeing my face, this might be interpreted as wa-al.)

Thanks for the feedback.
R.